BetterZip 4.0.1 – Archive inspection tool
BetterZip lets you quickly inspect archives without first extracting their contents.
Extract Only Files You Really Need: in the event that you simply require a few files or folders in a larger archive, you do not need to extract the whole thing. Simply drag the files you need from the BetterZip window to any Finder window or your desktop computer.
Open Archives Without Extracting: not just can BetterZip open archives without first extracting them but you can also look for a file with the iTunes-like interface. BetterZip can open and extract archives with the most Frequent formats: ZIP, SIT, TAR, XAR, GZip, BZip2, RAR, 7-Zip, CPIO, ARJ, LZH/LHA, JAR, WAR, CAB, ISO, CHM, RPM, DEB, NSIS, BIN, HQX.
Create Archives: Just drag files and folders in the hard drives, disks, or network areas to your new zip file. You don’t need to copy all of the files into a temporary folder first. The supported formats include ZIP, TAR, GZip and BZip2 compressed TAR, XAR, 7-ZIP, and RAR (using the external RAR commandline tool). Large archives can also be broken.
Safeguard Your Data: BetterZip can safeguard your data using a password and create WinZip compatible AES-256 encrypted archives. 7-zip and rar archives can also be protected.
Update Archives: Insert new or updated files to existing archives. Remove any folder or file from an archivefile, or even move files around inside the archive as if it were a normal folder.
Make Archives Compatible: Strip Mac specific files and resource forks from archives for best compatibility with systems such as Windows or Linux.
- Fixed a potential crash when opening an archive through the Favorites sidebar and extracting it with a preset that transfers the archive after the extraction
- Fixed a possible crash when extracting or compressing an archive through the queue with the “display save panel” option set from the used preset
- In some areas from the user interface BetterZip 3 was referenced rather than BetterZip 4
- “Reveal Service Folder” from Preferences > Presets did not work properly
- Extracting tar archives with multiple root objects with the queue did not create an Excess folder when not set to “Always”
- BetterZip services and the BetterZip button at Finder didn’t automatically show the queue window when compressing or extracting files
- “Opening an archive file from Finder instantly extracts it” affected the compression, not only the extraction when dropping files on dock icon
- The Dropzone action could crash Dropzone after conclusion
- Files were sorted in reverse order when applying a filter at the favorites sidebar
- Extracting the BetterZip download bundle with macOS 10.10 built-in Archive Utility or Safari can result in BetterZip being “damaged”
- When adding multiple components of a multi-volume archive to the queue via the Finder button, they’d all be queued instead of the first part just
When pasting a folder or file in an archivefile, BetterZip now only selects the title with no file extension, Exactly like Finder
- Intel, 64-bit processor
- OS X 10.10 or later
Mirror Link given below