Acorn 6.0.1 – Bitmap image editor
Acorn is a brand new picture editor built with one goal in mind — simplicity. Fast, easy, and fluid, Acorn provides the options you’ll need with no overhead. Acorn feels right, and will not drain your bank account.
- Take screenshots using Acorn and edit them straight away.
- Chain together image filters to create stunning effects.
- Layer based picture editing, an industry standard.
- Create new images and layers together with your built-in iSight.
- Easy canvas and image resizing, just by changing the size of your window.
- Use every pixel of your monitor with full screen image editing.
- Tablet sensitive for pressure strokes and using the pill’s eraser.
- Vector shape and text layers.
- Freeform, elliptical, rectangular, and magic wand selections.
- Create and use custom text fashions.
- Compose plugins using the Python scripting language, as well as in Objective-C.
- GPU driven. The very same graphics card which makes your gaming experience smooth, helps Acorn fly through the toughest of graphics operations.
- Fixed a problem where filling a selection with AppleScript was using the wrong color
- Fixed a crasher having to do with the Curves filter
- Better notifications when you’re starting the App Store free trial
- Little SVG import fixes
- Fixed a problem where initially launching multiple files with the Very Same measurements and also the system prefs to always show tabs was erroneously
- sizing the window
- Fixed a problem where you may crash when merging a set layer
- Fixed a potential issue where Acorn can crash when enrolling
- Removed some static libraries that weren’t being used anymore The net consequence is that Acorn is a smaller download today
Intel, 64-bit chip
OS X 10.11.4 or later